A tutorial by miromiro:
POS Nodes, what are they?
POS Nodes are really useful to determine your track’s length. The Re-Volt engine will render the Pos node line to use to calculate the distance between cars, thanks to POS nodes the information about other players will get supplied.
How to place POS nodes?
1. Type in your game MAKEITGOOD as name, or use the DEV mode in v1.2, more information about this in the AI Nodes tutorial.
2. Go in your track that you want to make POS Nodes. Press F4 then press Insert to insert the first POS Node. This POS node has to be placed in front of your car, the first node always counts! You cannot change the start node, so do not mess up your first node!
NOTE: Always when you start making POS Nodes insert the first node at the start line
3. Now after you inserted the first POS Node , using the same ‘trick’ insert the second one.
Note: Better use a lot of POS Nodes because sometimes it’s more useful and revolt will give more and better infos. Each POS Node should be very near to the next
4. OK , you did the first two POS Nodes. Now to do the next step just put the mouse over the first POS Nodes and press Spacebar. Then go with the mouse over the next POS Node and press Spacebar again. And so you got the line.
5. The last step is about connecting the nodes. Hover your mouse over the starting node (the biggest one!) and press Enter. Now hover your mouse over the next node and press Space. Hover your mouse over the third node and press Space again. Keep going till you connected all nodes.
NOTE: After you have done the POS Nodes press left Ctrl + F4 to save. You will see a small window, you saved the POS Nodes in the *.pan file that you should find in the track’s folder.