For years, Toy-Volt has been producing toys and games for children all over the world. Within months of introducing their first products, Toy-Volt shot to the top! No one could put their finger on exactly what it was that made the toys so popular. Sure, they employed the best designers and marketers in the world, but there was something else about Toy-Volt toys, something almost… magic.
With their latest product, it appears that they’ve used a little too much of that special something, because the radio controlled cars just off the production line have gained minds of their own! Escaping from the shelves that held them prisoners, the RC (radio controlled) cars have escaped into the real world, and they’re heading your way! Brand new models, old favorites, even some experimental prototypes–the entire product line of RC cars from the fine folks at Toy-Volt has come out to play! They’re causing plenty of chaos as they test their new-found freedom! You’ll be racing inside, outside, upside down and backwards! dustmite3These RC cars are fast and spunky, each with different qualities and looks. As you progress, you’ll unlock more and more cars to race and more and more courses to race on! Of course, sometimes the Toy-Volt cars don’t play nice, making for lots of lightning fast laps where you’ve got to fight oil with oil and ball bearings with ball bearings! You’ll be racing around the neighborhood, around the supermarket-to places you only dreamed of racing an RC! Like on the track you dream up using the Track Editor. Or maybe on the pitching decks of a huge ship! Or maybe you’ll be good enough to unlock a Reverse Mirrored Track! But why waste time talking about all the fun when you can start having it ?!
Acclaim’s R/C car racing game takes the racing genre and turns it on it’s head. Where you couldn’t go before, there are now no limits. The robust vehicles tumble around all kinds of locations, impossible to break, using whatever tactics necessary to gain first place in the race.
Finally, frustrated kids of all ages can drive their R/C cars where their moms would never have let them!
- 28+ cars to find and control
- 13 single player tracks set in 7 different environments
- 5 single player game modes
- Racing and Battle multi-player modes (8 or more players* on PC, 4 on consoles)
- 4 multi-player arenas
- State of the art graphics
- Stunning physics engine
- Wide selection of pick-ups and weapons
- Track Editor – user created tracks can be saved on all formats – plus upload your own tracks and download others from acclaim.com
- Many features are initially hidden – player rewards are never far away
- Out on the PlayStation® game console, N64 and PC Summer-1999
- Multiplayer action on all 3 platforms
Minimum System Requirements
Pentium 200 PC (P2 266 or better)
102 MB of free Hard Disk space
32 MB of RAM
4X CD ROM drive
4MB 3D accelerator card (12 MB or higher)
Direct X compatible Sound Card
(Joystick, Joypad, or Steeringwheel Force Feedback support)
* number of multiplayers for PC is dependant on Internet connection
This information has been taken from the original website re-volt.com